- Consult with clients to develop and document Web site requirements
Prepare mock-ups and storyboards
- Develop Web site architecture and determine hardware and software requirements
- Source, select and organize information for inclusion and design the appearance, layout and flow of the Web site
- Create and optimize content for the Web site using a variety of graphics, database, animation and other software
- Plan, design, write, modify, integrate and test Web site related code
- Conduct tests and perform security and quality controls
- May lead and co-ordinate multidisciplinary teams to develop Web site graphics, content, capacity and interactivity
- May research and evaluate a variety of interactive media software products.
- A bachelor’s degree, usually in computer science, communications or business or completion of a college program in computer science, graphic arts, Web design or business is required.
- Experience as a computer programmer or graphic designer is usually required.