Professionals in this unit group provide services to management such as analyzing the structure, operations, managerial methods or functions of an organization in order to propose, plan and implement improvements.
- Analyze and provide advice on the managerial methods and organization of a public or private sector establishment
- Conduct research to determine efficiency and effectiveness of managerial policies and programs
- Conduct assessments and propose improvements to methods, systems and procedures in areas such as operations, human resources, records management and communications
- Conduct quality audits and develop quality management and quality assurance standards for ISO (International Organization for Standardization) registration
- Provide guidance and support to businesses on regulatory policies and procedures; ensure internal compliance with regulatory requirements; and prepare submissions and filings with regulatory bodies
- Plan the reorganization of the operations of an establishment
- May supervise contracted researchers or clerical staff.
- A bachelor’s degree or college diploma in business administration, commerce or a related discipline is usually required.
- A graduate degree in business administration may be required.
- Some establishments may require management consultants to be certified by a provincial management consulting association.
- Certification as a quality auditor may be required for some occupations in this unit group.
- Occupations in health information management consulting may require certification by the Canadian Health Information Management Association (CHIMA).