Production logistics co-ordinators co-ordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within an establishment, prepare work and production schedules and monitor the progress of production and construction projects.
- Compile detailed worksheets and specifications from customer’s order
- Estimate type and quantity of materials and labour required for production, construction and other projects
- Consult with production supervisor to schedule production runs in a cost and time-efficient manner
- Meet regularly with other production clerks, warehouse, production and construction supervisors and purchasing and inventory clerks to co-ordinate activities between warehouses and production floors or construction sites
- Co-ordinate and monitor logistics of the movement of parts, supplies and materials within an establishment and ensure that supplies, materials and products are shipped and received on schedule
- Prepare and maintain various reports on the progress of work, materials used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required and college may be required.
- Previous clerical experience or experience as a production worker may be required.